Sewing My Way through Christmas!

We celebrate Christmas and gift giving is a part of it in our home. A selling factor to upgrading my sewing machine was the possibility of giving hand-made gifts over the holidays. "It will pay for itself" was the discussion as we had 7 quilts lined up for a Long Arm service.  So I have here, a reflection of some of this year's projects (aka the ones I photographed).



I was lucky enough to scoop up this year's Christmas Vintage custom french terry from Blended Thread Fabrics for the children's jammy-jams. If you haven't experienced Hollie's custom fabric bases, you absolutely should join her Facebook group here for details on upcoming rounds. Both the Cotton Lycra and French terry are incredibly stretchy with beautiful recovery.


 I completed a couple of quilting projects for the family, and managed to snap a photo of a couple of them.

In the summer, I came across a yard sale, hosted by a "retired" quilter. She had many beautiful batiks that I scooped up. When I saw this little Tomte pattern at my local quilt shop, Mad About Patchwork, I just knew one had to live in our home. Bigs is pretty thrilled about this little snuggler.



It's safe to say that I pass by Mad About Patchwork on a weekly basis. There was much buzz in the shop over new arrival Treasure Hunt by Marcia Derse. I immediately thought of my in-laws when I saw the hoard of colours, but my mind was cluttered with the long list of "to dos". It was already mid November, after all. The designer however, released two free inspiration patterns, making this a home run in my eyes.

And in the spirit of "my children are getting antsy and want to do something fun.... here are a few other snapshots.







Already dreaming for next Christmas' gives. 

Comments

  1. Hello :) what pattern did you use for the pink and white striped tunic? So adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi karen! I used the Vani. I just love it! It comes with a kanga pocket, hood and cowl.

      https://www.makerist.de/patterns/himmlische-vani-schnittmuster-und-naehanleitung-groesse-74-152

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sew Ottawa! HST Week 5 [HST Sew-a-long 2018 6/18]

Sew Ottawa! HST Week 10 [HST Sew-a-long 2018 11/18]